Saturday 5 January 2013

Odanglesex Revisited: Green Odanglesex (2)

Continuing the reposted, improved (hopefully) tale of Odanglesex's aspirational striving to be green.



FROM: Calandra Larkins, Spatial Diversification Officer (Upper)

TO: Reema Narlikar, Hilary Hannah, Rob Methuen, Alex Knollys, Tom Kydd, Chris Marlowe, Anne Hathaway, Frances Hogg, Oliver Oldknoll, Samantha Macgillivray, Chris Van Hummel

Colleagues:

I thought that was a fantastic meeting yesterday! I hope you felt the same. The first analyses of energy use across County Hall will be e-mailed to all employees next week, so please look out for them and in particular any hot-spots which show particular offices or work-stations have items such as printers or monitors left on overnight. The word is diplomacy, though. Fights are energy-intensive.

Sorry this e-mail comes from me apparently with my Spatial Diversification hat on. Internal Comms haven't been able yet to change my title on e-mails to include Green Odanglesex Champion (Core). They did say a new identity could be set up, but then apparently the system would insist on paying me twice.

Roll on the next meeting!


FROM: Kenneth Spotlessnob, Assistant Chief Executive and Director of Transformational Excellence and Strategic Vision

TO: Dale Brashcon, Transformational Excellence Champion

Dale: Kelly's pointed out these maps of energy hot-spots to me. I understand a Green Odanglesex Champions' Working Group has been set up with all directorates represented. Who's our rep?


FROM: Dale Brashcon

TO: Kenneth Spotlessnob

Kenneth:

Apparently it's Reema Narlikar in Hamish's team.


FROM: Kelly Pattrick, PA to Kenneth Spotlessnob

TO: Reema Narlikar, Transformational Excellence Officer

Reema: Kenneth would like to see you tomorrow at 10 about Green Odanglesex.


FROM: Reema Narlikar

TO: ScottFitz29@nuncio.com.uk

Scottie:

I know you're in Moldova, but if I know u, checking your emails and losing your texts. So here goes. I'm spitting blood and want a shoulder to cry on. Yeah, OK, no-one really wants blood on their shoulder, but on your tshirts it won't show.

You remember I volunteered for TESV's Greek champion. Well, KSnob called me in and pointed out that everyone in the directorate could see on that map that he was leaving his monitor on and the printer in his office was being left on too. Of course, it was nothing to do with any embarrasment he might experience, but wasn't this kind of over-personal information likely to cause trouble? I pointed out that it was the same with all directorates and Calandra was in charge. He said he'd have a word with Brett and Simeon.

He also asked how much time I was giving to this role. I think if I'd said 0.1% of my time he'd have implied that was too much. Of course, he lost the turf battle to get Internally Greening Odanglesex into TESV.

Green, not Greek.

Beam me up Scotty.

COMMA!!!


FROM: Calandra Larkins

TO: Reema Narlikar, Hilary Hannah, Rob Methuen, Alex Knollys, Tom Kydd, Chris Marlowe, Anne Hathaway, Frances Hogg, Oliver Oldknoll, Samantha Macgillivray, Chris Van Hummel

Fellow champs:

Just to let you know that the maps of out-of-hours energy use will now not show individual workstations.



To be concluded...

No comments:

Post a Comment